UK: Little Chef on the lookout for a buyer - MEMBERS
Catering giant Compass Group revealed plans earlier today [Friday] to sell off its roadside restaurant chain Little Chef in order to focus on its contract-catering operations. According to market watchers, Compass, which has only recently posted signs of recovery in its H1 after being hard hit by the global economic downturn, can expect to raise between £600m (US$917m) and £1bn from the sale of Little Chef and its Travelodge budget hotels.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods