UK: Little Chef on the lookout for a buyer - MEMBERS
Catering giant Compass Group revealed plans earlier today [Friday] to sell off its roadside restaurant chain Little Chef in order to focus on its contract-catering operations. According to market watchers, Compass, which has only recently posted signs of recovery in its H1 after being hard hit by the global economic downturn, can expect to raise between £600m (US$917m) and £1bn from the sale of Little Chef and its Travelodge budget hotels.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs