UK: Little Chef on the lookout for a buyer - MEMBERS
Catering giant Compass Group revealed plans earlier today [Friday] to sell off its roadside restaurant chain Little Chef in order to focus on its contract-catering operations. According to market watchers, Compass, which has only recently posted signs of recovery in its H1 after being hard hit by the global economic downturn, can expect to raise between £600m (US$917m) and £1bn from the sale of Little Chef and its Travelodge budget hotels.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife