CANADA: Loblaw names Carrefour exec Trius as president
Trius will succeed Allan Leighton later this year, when the Brit steps down from the Loblaw board.
Leighton, who became Loblaw president almost two years ago, will resume his positions as deputy chairman of Loblaw owner George Weston Ltd, the Canadian conglomerate, and as advisor to the Weston family, which owns a majority stake in George Weston.
Trius will join Loblaw from Carrefour, where he oversaw the company's European operations. He has previously held senior positions with Wal-Mart Stores, including vice president for international operations and CEO of the retailer's business in Brazil, Asia and Latin America.
"We are in the final year of renewal and I am delighted that Vicente Trius will be my successor. I will work to ensure a smooth handover to his leadership," Leighton said.
With growth slowing in the UK, retail sales volumes down and promotions on the increase, even the better performing food manufacturers can betray a note of pessimism, writes Dean Best....
The flotation of China's largest hypermarket operator Sun Art Retail Group has highlighted the recent rapid growth in the sector and the potential that retailers believe the channel will continue to h...
French supermarket chain Intermarché has said it remains committed to landing and processing its own fish and seafood even after a fire destroyed one of its plants in Brittany....
Carrefour has named former Philips finance chief Pierre-Jean Sivignon as its new CFO....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review