CANADA: Loblaw posts near 20% rise in Q1 earnings
Canada's largest grocery chain, Loblaw, has said quarterly profits rose almost 20% due to stronger supermarket sales. Loblaw, which operates supermarkets under the Provigo and Loblaws banners, reported first-quarter net earnings of C$151m (US$106m), or 55 cents a share, up 19.8% from $126m, or 46 cents a share, in the year-ago period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units