CANADA: Loblaw posts near 20% rise in Q1 earnings
Canada's largest grocery chain, Loblaw, has said quarterly profits rose almost 20% due to stronger supermarket sales. Loblaw, which operates supermarkets under the Provigo and Loblaws banners, reported first-quarter net earnings of C$151m (US$106m), or 55 cents a share, up 19.8% from $126m, or 46 cents a share, in the year-ago period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix