CANADA: Loblaw reports 22% rise in Q2 profit
Canadian grocery chain Loblaw has reported a 22% increase in quarterly profit, while its supermarket sales increased 9%. Loblaw, which operates supermarkets under the Provigo and Loblaws banners, posted second-quarter earnings of C$182m (US$130.3m), or 65 Canadian cents a share, compared to $149m, or 54 cents a share, in the year-ago period. Analysts polled by Reuters had expected, on average, 64 cents a share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin