CANADA: Loblaw tests wholesale club format in eastern Canada
Canadian retailer Loblaw has begun a trial of its warehouse club format in Ontario, having operated the format in western Canada for almost a decade. Company spokesman Geoff Wilson told Dow Jones News that Loblaw has opened a Real Canadian Wholesale Club in Whitby, Ontario, representing the company's first store in the east of the country under that banner.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea