AUSTRALIA: Local market warned on dairy prices after global slump
Australian farmers could be facing a 25% fall in milk prices this season, cautioned John McQueen, CEO of the Australian Dairy Farmers Federation (ADFF). McQueen's warning came in response to a global slump in dairy prices, bought on by subsidized overproduction of milk, cheese and butter in the EU and the US. The US, he says, for example, has nearly 500,000 tonnes of skim powder in storage.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund