AUSTRALIA: Local market warned on dairy prices after global slump
Australian farmers could be facing a 25% fall in milk prices this season, cautioned John McQueen, CEO of the Australian Dairy Farmers Federation (ADFF). McQueen's warning came in response to a global slump in dairy prices, bought on by subsidized overproduction of milk, cheese and butter in the EU and the US. The US, he says, for example, has nearly 500,000 tonnes of skim powder in storage.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units