AUSTRALIA: Local market warned on dairy prices after global slump
Australian farmers could be facing a 25% fall in milk prices this season, cautioned John McQueen, CEO of the Australian Dairy Farmers Federation (ADFF). McQueen's warning came in response to a global slump in dairy prices, bought on by subsidized overproduction of milk, cheese and butter in the EU and the US. The US, he says, for example, has nearly 500,000 tonnes of skim powder in storage.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch