USA: Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon says board developments and 'poison pill' rights resumed
WICHITA, Kan., Nov. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon, Inc. (Nasdaq: STAR - news) today announced it has taken several steps as part of its continuing evaluation of corporate governance matters and the Board of Directors' focus on improving stockholder value. The Board has decided to: (i) increase to eight the number of directors on the Board by the addition of three independent directors; (ii) redeem its stock purchase rights, commonly known as a ``poison pill''; and (iii) ask stockholders to approve a charter amendment at its next annual meeting to eliminate the present staggered terms and have directors elected annually starting with its 2003 annual meeting.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action