AUS: Lion: Loss of Woolworths milk deals will "impact" volumes
Lion retained contracts in other states
Australian dairy group Lion has said the loss of milk contracts to supply Woolworths, the country's largest grocer, will affect volumes at its plants.
Lion has lost contracts in Victoria and Western Australia in the latest set of deals announced by Woolworths.
However, Fonterra won the contract in Victoria with a ten-year deal starting in February. Brownes Food Group will supply Woolworths' stores in Western Australia for seven-and-a-half years from July.
Lion said it was "disappointed" to have lost the two contracts after putting up its "most competitive bid in each state".
"Woolworths' decision will impact volumes at Lion's milk processing plants in Chelsea in Victoria and Bentley in Western Australia. We will work through the detailed implications of this with our teams over the coming weeks.
The milk processor retained deals in the Northern Territory, South Australia and Tasmania.
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- China Resources Enterprise, Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019