JAPAN: Lotte Confectionery blackmailer arrested
Yoji Sakai, a 53-year-old from Osaka, in western Japan, has been arrested for attempting to blackmail major Tokyo-based confectioner Lotte Co. Tokyo police revealed that the man sent a handwritten bomb threat to Lotte on 13 June, enclosing gunpowder and threatening to bomb shops handling Lotte confectionery unless the company paid him ¥50m (US$0.4m).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega