Lotus Bakeries in "advanced talks to buy Natural Balance Foods"
Lotus Bakeries said to be nearing deal for Nakd owner Natural Balance Foods
Belgium-based biscuit maker Lotus Bakeries is reportedly in advanced talks to buy Natural Balance Foods, the UK firm behind snack bar brands Nakd and Trek.
Amid speculation of multiple bids for the business, Natural Balance last week confirmed its shareholders were weighing up its options, without commenting on whether the company had received any offers.
However, today (14 August), citing an unnamed rival bidder, Sky News reported Lotus Bakeries could announce a deal in days.
Officials at Lotus could not be reached for immediate comment. Officials for Natural Balance had not returned a request for comment at the time of publication.
An organic value chain is quite similar to any supply chain....
Naturally healthy food is minimally processed food that does not contain any additives such as hormones, antibiotics, sweeteners, food colors, and flavorings, which were not originally in the food....
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Update - Post Holdings confirms Weetabix deal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations