BELGIUM: Lotus Bakeries profits increase in 2013
Lotus Bakeries sales in the US increased at double-digit rate
Lotus Bakeries has reported an 8% rise in annual profits as a result of international growth of the Belgian group's Speculoos and Waffles products and the introduction of the Dinosaurus brand.
The bakery firm posted net profit of EUR27.9m (US$38.2m). Operating profit was up 8.6% at EUR37.2m.
The higher profits came on the back of a 15.2% increase in sales to at EUR332.3m.
Lotus noted its Dutch business was "under pressure" as a result of the recession but US and Asia Pacific experienced strong growth, the former enjoying double-digit growth.
Lotus has said it will continue to "emphatically" invest in marketing and sales over 2014 to further expand its brand.
Canadean's "Lotus Bakeries NV : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
More than ever, Lotus Bakeries should focus on exportations, more particularly France, the US and Asia that witnessed excellent progressions in 2013 and early 2014. In Belgium, the company bears the b...
In 2014 consumers opted to purchase spreads perceived as more natural, healthier and eco-friendly, such as honey, jams and organic products. To stimulate sales, players in spreads brought out new refe...
Sales of baked goods are governed by a move back to basic, authentic and naturally-healthy products. Ingredients manufacturers are taking advantage of the opportunity to propose additives aimed at giv...
Biscuits enjoyed a value recovery from 2012, thanks to the return to self-indulgence at the expense of austere health and wellness products. Sales of biscuits increased in 2014, which contrasted with ...
Sales of packaged food in Belgium are set to post modest positive current value growth in 2014. The still too weak economy limits growth as sales in key categories such as yoghurt and sour milk produc...
Cookies also commonly known as biscuits are a type of bakery products which are sweet in taste. The Global Cookies market report excludes savory or salted biscuits and considers only the sweet biscuit...
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Arla H1 profits down on milk price slump
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies Market in Egypt: Market Profile to 2017