BELGIUM: Lotus Bakeries profits increase in 2013
Lotus Bakeries sales in the US increased at double-digit rate
Lotus Bakeries has reported an 8% rise in annual profits as a result of international growth of the Belgian group's Speculoos and Waffles products and the introduction of the Dinosaurus brand.
The bakery firm posted net profit of EUR27.9m (US$38.2m). Operating profit was up 8.6% at EUR37.2m.
The higher profits came on the back of a 15.2% increase in sales to at EUR332.3m.
Lotus noted its Dutch business was "under pressure" as a result of the recession but US and Asia Pacific experienced strong growth, the former enjoying double-digit growth.
Lotus has said it will continue to "emphatically" invest in marketing and sales over 2014 to further expand its brand.
Biscuits enjoyed a value recovery from 2012, thanks to the return to self-indulgence at the expense of austere health and wellness products. Sales of biscuits increased in 2014, which contrasted with ...
Cookies also commonly known as biscuits are a type of bakery products which are sweet in taste. The Global Cookies market report excludes savory or salted biscuits and considers only the sweet biscuit...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Europe's food firms slam French origin labels plan
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights