USA: Low fat, nutritious fries in the pipeline after scientific breakthrough
After over twenty years of hard work, scientists in the US are finally consulting with the food industry on how to commercialise a new kind of French fry. Low fat and healthy, the new fries are produced from rice flour mixtures but have the same texture, cooking and other properties as classic potato fries. Tests have shown that they generally absorbed 25-50% less fat during the cooking process however.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action