USA: Low fat, nutritious fries in the pipeline after scientific breakthrough
After over twenty years of hard work, scientists in the US are finally consulting with the food industry on how to commercialise a new kind of French fry. Low fat and healthy, the new fries are produced from rice flour mixtures but have the same texture, cooking and other properties as classic potato fries. Tests have shown that they generally absorbed 25-50% less fat during the cooking process however.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti