UK: Lyle’s Golden Syrup enters Guinness Book of Records
The Guinness Book of Records has named Lyle's Golden Syrup the oldest brand in Britain. Its green packaging has been decorated with the image of a golden lion and bees since 1885. The design of the classic tins has changed little in 120 years and the tins still carry the biblical quotation "out of the strong came forth sweetness".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action