UPDATE: UK: Müller Wiseman targets direct milk supply
Müller Wiseman targets direct milk supply
German-owned dairy firm Müller Wiseman hopes to increase the proportion of milk sourced directly from UK farmers through a recruitment drive.
The UK unit of Theo Müller Group said today (27 February) that it intends to become the UK's "largest and most successful" dairy. The company hopes to recruit more UK dairy farmers to supply its milk through an incentive scheme that will see it offer 1ppl on top of its farmgate milk price. It is also encouraging exiting members of the Müller Wiseman Milk Group to up milk production, offering a payment of 1ppl to dairy farmers that increase production by 2% year-on-year.
A spokesperson for the company told just-food that Müller Wiseman hopes this recruitment drive will allow it to purchase a higher proportion of its milk needs directly from UK dairy farmers.
"The driver for this initiative is that we want to increase the proportion of milk that we buy directly from dairy farmers. Right now we are only getting 65% of our requirement from farmers contracted to us. We'd like to increase this to over 90%. We're signalling now that we want more dairy farmers to work directly with us," the spokesperson commented.
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report