USA: M&A activity in food industry at lowest level in eight years
There were 516 mergers and acquisitions in the US food industry last year, 125 or 20% fewer than in 2000 and the lowest level tracked by the Elmwood Park, NJ-based Food Institute since 1993. Among the segments with the sharpest declines were restaurant and foodservice (down 30 to 61); packaging and equipment suppliers (down 24 to 28); and food processing firms (down 26 to 146).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery