FRANCE: Madrange gearing up to challenge EU pigmeat meat sector?
Madrange, a major French producer of ham and charcuterie, has announced two acquisitions likely to been seen by competitors as signals for the widely expected corporate upheaval in the European pigmeat processing sector.Limoges-based Madrange, a family controlled company with annual turnover of about £200m and 50,000 tonne production capacity, describes the purchases of French regional cooked meats companies Robert Antoine and Fontaine de Savoie as part of a £20m expansion programme to broaden its product range and help boost market share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast