JAPAN: MAFF lifts import ban on Italian pork and processed goods
Temporary import bans placed on Italian pork and processed goods were removed yesterday by the Japanese Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries. The ban was the last of an EU-wide pork import embargo imposed by the Japanese government on 24 March, in a bid to prevent the spread of the highly contagious foot-and-mouth disease to Japanese farms. While the disease spread throughout parts of western Europe, Italy remained unaffected.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods