UK: MAFF - Re-appointment of the Chairman of the British Potato Council
Agriculture Minister Joyce Quin has announced that David Walker will be re-appointed as Chairman of the British Potato Council (BPC) for a further term of three years from 1 October 2000.Remuneration for this three day a week post is £54,743 per annum. David Walker has never carried out any political activities and does not hold any other Ministerial appointments.The British Potato Council was established in 1997 as a statutory levy funded body to commission research and development, carry out home market and overseas promotion, and collect and disseminate statistics on behalf of the potato industry. Following the first statutory review of the Council it was announced in May of this year that the BPC would continue for a further term.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units