RUSSIA: Magnit "confident" on FY profits growth
Magnit added 1,254 stores in Russia during the period
Russian retailer Magnit said it is "gaining confidence in the market" after booking an increase in full-year profits.
For the 12 months to the end of December, net income increased by 20.24% to RUB12.18bn (US$414.6m), the retailer reported today (31 January). EBITDA grew by 43.13% to RUB27.45bn.
Sales in the period climbed by 42% to RUB335.70bn, driven by an increase in selling space and 11.1% like-for-like sales growth.
During the period, Magnit added 1,254 stores (1,004 convenience stores, 42 hypermarkets and 208 cosmetics stores) and increased its selling space by 38.51%.
"As to the published results, I would like to stress that they are better than 2010 results both in sales growth and EBITDA margin, which inspires us with optimism," said Magnit's CEO, Sergey Galitskiy. "Of course, on the back of a growing comparable base, the pace of turnover growth percentage-wise will decline, but day-by-day we have greater confidence in the market, which is supported by our results."
Major food multinationals last week reported their first-half results. Unilever saw food volumes fall, PepsiCo insisted it had "momentum" in Europe, Hershey believed US candy had reached a new growth ...
Russian retailer Dixy is focusing its growth strategy on expanding its convenience store network in the country....
Russian grocery retailer Magnit has booked a 142% jump in first-half profits, driven partly by higher sales....
Last week's shock announcement that X5 Retail Group CEO Andrey Gusev resigned caused the Russian retailer's share price to tumble. X5 also booked a mixed set of second-quarter results that showed the ...
Store openings have driven first-half revenue growth at Russian retailer Magnit....
Russian retailer Magnit has opened a new distribution centre to serve the Volga region....
Russian retailer Magnit has launched a store format under the banner Magnit Family....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Ahold Delhaize resolves Kraft Heinz delisting spat
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report