RUSSIA: Magnit opens distribution centre
Russian retailer Magnit has opened a new distribution centre to serve the Volga region.
The company confirmed today (28 May) that it is opening a 16,000 square metre distribution facility in Sterlitamak, the Republic of Bashkortostan.
The retailer said the move would "improve the quality of service" in the Volga region.
Magnit currently operates a total of 16 distribution centres with a total capacity of around 396,300 square metres.
The news comes as Magnit continues to drive new store openings throughout Russia. The firm has focused on expanding its selling space in order to grow the top line, adding 157 stores in the most recent quarter to end-March.
Multinational dairy company Moloko Holdings is to start production and distribution of Russia's first organic milk in the Ulyanovsk province....
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- On the money: Steady as she goes at Cloetta
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- The bitesize interview - The Kids Food Co.
- Interview: Bell hits out at German cartel ruling
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's
- Genius secures listings in French supermarkets