RUSSIA: Magnit opens distribution centre
Russian retailer Magnit has opened a new distribution centre to serve the Volga region.
The company confirmed today (28 May) that it is opening a 16,000 square metre distribution facility in Sterlitamak, the Republic of Bashkortostan.
The retailer said the move would "improve the quality of service" in the Volga region.
Magnit currently operates a total of 16 distribution centres with a total capacity of around 396,300 square metres.
The news comes as Magnit continues to drive new store openings throughout Russia. The firm has focused on expanding its selling space in order to grow the top line, adding 157 stores in the most recent quarter to end-March.
Multinational dairy company Moloko Holdings is to start production and distribution of Russia's first organic milk in the Ulyanovsk province....
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- Why trust is key in US natural food sector
- Nestle sets new savings target
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant