RUSSIA: Magnit opens distribution centre
Russian retailer Magnit has opened a new distribution centre to serve the Volga region.
The company confirmed today (28 May) that it is opening a 16,000 square metre distribution facility in Sterlitamak, the Republic of Bashkortostan.
The retailer said the move would "improve the quality of service" in the Volga region.
Magnit currently operates a total of 16 distribution centres with a total capacity of around 396,300 square metres.
The news comes as Magnit continues to drive new store openings throughout Russia. The firm has focused on expanding its selling space in order to grow the top line, adding 157 stores in the most recent quarter to end-March.
Multinational dairy company Moloko Holdings is to start production and distribution of Russia's first organic milk in the Ulyanovsk province....
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- How the CGF plans to halve global food waste
- IRI – The opportunity of range optimisation
- Focus: Will synergies lift Ahold Delhaize in US?
- Focus: Mexican dairies focus on adding value
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit
- Kraft Heinz unveils management structure
- Kellogg eyes trends with product launches
- CMA "accepts" Muller's revised Dairy Crest offer
- Kraft faces lawsuit over 'natural' claims