RUSSIA: Magnit opens distribution centre
Russian retailer Magnit has opened a new distribution centre to serve the Volga region.
The company confirmed today (28 May) that it is opening a 16,000 square metre distribution facility in Sterlitamak, the Republic of Bashkortostan.
The retailer said the move would "improve the quality of service" in the Volga region.
Magnit currently operates a total of 16 distribution centres with a total capacity of around 396,300 square metres.
The news comes as Magnit continues to drive new store openings throughout Russia. The firm has focused on expanding its selling space in order to grow the top line, adding 157 stores in the most recent quarter to end-March.
Multinational dairy company Moloko Holdings is to start production and distribution of Russia's first organic milk in the Ulyanovsk province....
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- Decision on US dietary advice missed opportunity
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Retail margin management in spotlight
- PepsiCo, Coca-Cola 'battle for stake in Chobani'
- Arla banned from selling skyr yoghurt in Finland
- Kerry eyes more European markets for Cheestrings
- Raisio revamps UK cereal arm, jobs to go
- Earth's Best infant formula line launched in China
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Marks & Spencer Plc in Retailing (United Kingdom)