RUSSIA: Magnit profits climb on store openings, LFL sales
- Net profit soars 140.6%
- EBITDA grows 89.4%
- Like-for-like sales up 4.6%
Magnit increased its selling space by 30% in the period, adding 810 stores
Russian retailer Magnit has booked an increase in profit in the first nine months of the year, boosted by a high pace of new store openings and a focus on low prices.
In the nine months to the end of September, net income soared 140.6% to RUR17.29bn (US$600.9m). The group increased its selling space by 30% in the period, adding 810 stores.
EBITDA increased 89.4% to RUR32.74bn, with EBITDA margin amounting to 10.25%, 3.05 percentage points above last year's figure of 7.2%.
Sales climbed 33% year-on-year to RUR319.48bn as a result of an increase in selling space and a 4.6% increase in like-for-like sales.
"Once again we have delivered very good results but please understand that this is not the most crucial thing for us," said CEO Sergey Galitskiy. "Rather, the most important objective for us is to build a competitive business model. It is the market that will determine the level of the EBITDA margin."
Russian retailer Magnit has seen profits benefit from improved purchasing terms and cost controls as it expanded its store footprint over the past 12 months....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review