EGYPT: Majid Al Futtaim plans Egyptian expansion
MAF has announced expansion in Egypt
Middle eastern retailer Majid Al Futtaim has detailed an EGP16.5bn (US$2.36bn) five-year investment plan for Egypt, which will include the opening of 32 Carrefour outlets as well as three new shopping malls.
The investment will add more than 300,000 square metres of retail space to Majid Al Futtaim's existing portfolio in Egypt.
The company said it received the backing of the Egyptian government late last week (22 March) following a meeting between Egyptian prime minister H.E. Ibrahim Mehleb, Majid Al Futtaim's CEO Iyad Malas and country head Abdalla El Nockrashy.
Iyad Malas, CEO of Majid Al Futtaim Holding, said: "Egypt continues to be a key market for us and we remain committed to our investments there. H.E. Ibrahim Mehleb endorsed our EGP16.5bn planned investments and has taken prompt action to facilitate pending approvals and permits from relevant government entities."
Majid Al Futtaim operates the Carrefour banner in the region under a franchise agreement with the French retail giant. Earlier this month,
Majid Al Futtaim is focused on growing its presence in the Middle East and North Africa. Earlier this month, the group announced that former Coles MD Ian McLeod will join its board as a non-executive director.
Synopsis Canadean's "Carrefour S.A. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company ...
This is a detailed report covering Carrefour’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Spain. Introduction and Landscape Why was the repo...
This is a detailed report covering Carrefour’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Turkey....
Following the acquisition by well-established Indonesian business empire CT Corp, Carrefour is likely to continue its outlet expansion over the forecast period. Aiming at double-digit annual growth, o...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020