JAPAN: Major baker Yamazaki Baking Co posts group and parent net losses, promises to recover
Japan's Yamazaki Baking Co has posted net losses on both a parent and a group basis for the year ending 31 December. Compared with the group net profit of ¥8.1bn posted in 1999, consolidated net loss of ¥44.2bn and parent loss of ¥32.3bn were blamed on the costs incurred through a recall of mouldy bread during last summer, which also entailed increased cleaning costs at the production plants.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up