JAPAN: Major baker Yamazaki Baking Co posts group and parent net losses, promises to recover
Japan's Yamazaki Baking Co has posted net losses on both a parent and a group basis for the year ending 31 December. Compared with the group net profit of ¥8.1bn posted in 1999, consolidated net loss of ¥44.2bn and parent loss of ¥32.3bn were blamed on the costs incurred through a recall of mouldy bread during last summer, which also entailed increased cleaning costs at the production plants.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO