BELGIUM: Makro restructure sees 370 lose jobs
Makro Belgium's restructure sees 370 staff lose their jobs
Makro Cash & Carry Belgium has announced a restructuring plan which sees it make 370 staff redundant.
According to a statement issued by the company, the change in "buying behaviour of consumers" in recent years thanks to "the emergence of online commerce," and the recent economic crisis having "an impact on the numbers of Makro Cash & Carry Belgium", has forced the company to reassess its structure.
The announcement means a loss of about a tenth of the Makro Cash & Carry Belgium's workforce.
The company has stated it is "obliged" to respond to the changing market conditions by reorganising the company.
"This plan should enable Makro to simplify its procedures and to be more customer-oriented, which will help it to fight better in a competitive market," said the statement.
Areas which will be affected include payroll admin, call centre and accounting.
The statement added that the changes would result in "better logistical flow and a better quality of service."
Jean -Luc Tüzes , managing director of Makro Cash & Carry Belgium added that he hoped these changes would ensure a sustainable and customer oriented business. He added that management would "engage in a constructive dialogue with the social partners" to ensure compulsory redundancies are kept to a minimum.
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- Greencore convenience focus delivers growth
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details