UK: Malcolm Walker denies he knew Iceland was behind budget
Malcolm Walker, founder and former chairman of The Big Food Group, the frozen food retailer previously known as Iceland, this weekend denied he had been aware that the group was running significantly behind budget before he sold £13.6m (US$19.9m) of shares in December 2000. Walker said: "I was happy with the statement that was put out. I was happy then and I am happy now. I believed we could have achieved our forecasts. If the same management was in place, that statement would not be seen as controversial."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry