US: Malt-O-Meal opens production facility
US cereal maker Malt-O-Meal Co. opened a new production facility in North Carolina today (29 September).
The 350,000 square foot facility represents an investment of US$140m for the family-owned cereal maker.
The company said that the move supports its long-term strategy to strengthen Malt-O-Meal as "the national leader" in ready-to-eat cereal.
Two of the company's most populat brands - Malt-O-Meal Frosted Mini Spooners and Malt-O-Meal Frosted Flakes - will be produced at the site, which also has room for additional lines.
"Our Asheboro plant is key to Malt-O-Meal's plans for expansion in the Southeast and across the US," Chris Neugent, president and CEO, said.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund