SPAIN: Mampaso appointed Dia vice chairman
Spain-based discount chain Dia has named Mariano Martín Mampaso as vice chairman of the board.
Until his retirement in June 2009, Mampaso was president of worldwide sales for leading consumer product company Procter & Gamble.
Dia was spun off from retail giant Carrefour in June, when shareholders approved the French retailer's plans to list the chain in Spain.
The plan had proved controversial with financial analysts, who questioned how much shareholders would benefit from the spin off. The proposal had also been opposed by some trade unions.
Tesco executives may feel they have a lot on their plate but their "to do" list is not as long as that sitting in front of their counterparts across the English Channel at Carrefour....
A sign that a branded food market is maturing is the growth of niches and demand for certified-organic products in China is starting to rise. However, as Mark Godfrey reports from Beijing and the sout...
French dairy, juice and soup products maker Laiterie de Saint-Denis-de-l'Hotel (LSDH) is investing EUR40m in the expansion of two plants in over the next three years...
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill