USA: Management group agrees to buy Pierre Foods
Pierre Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq: FOOD) today announced that its Board of Directors, acting upon a recommendation of a Special Committee of the Board, has approved a definitive agreement and plan of share exchange with PF Management, Inc., a management group that reportedly owns 63% of the company's outstanding common stock. The agreement, signed yesterday, calls for PF Management to purchase, for $1.21 per share, all shares of Pierre Foods common stock owned by unaffiliated investors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund