USA: Management group agrees to buy Pierre Foods
Pierre Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq: FOOD) today announced that its Board of Directors, acting upon a recommendation of a Special Committee of the Board, has approved a definitive agreement and plan of share exchange with PF Management, Inc., a management group that reportedly owns 63% of the company's outstanding common stock. The agreement, signed yesterday, calls for PF Management to purchase, for $1.21 per share, all shares of Pierre Foods common stock owned by unaffiliated investors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery