AUSTRALIA: Managing director of Dairy Farmers to step down
Alan Tooth, the long-serving managing director of milk processor Dairy Farmers is set to bring forward his retirement to before the end of this year. Tooth's successor is now likely to address shareholders at Dairy Farmers' annual convention in November. Speculation amongst industry analysts is currently focused on a possible takeover bid for Australia's National Foods. It is believed that Danone of France or New Zealand mega-dairy Fonterra, possibly in conjunction with Dairy Farmers, will make a bid for the company. National Foods might then be broken up, with its surplus assets sold off to companies such as Italian beverages and dairy group Parmalat.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review