CANADA: Maple Leaf Foods reports positive results for Q4, FY
Toronto-based Maple Leaf Foods Inc has announced an increase in sales for its Q4 and FY ended 31 December 2001. Sales for the Q4 increased 22% to C$1.30bn (US$0.81bn) reflecting top-line growth in all operating groups. One third of this increase related to operations that were owned throughout the year, while the remainder is due to acquisitions completed during the year. Earnings from operations for the Q4 of C$57.6m were up 121% from C$26.1m in 2000. Net earnings for the quarter increased by 96% to C$24.7m (C$0.24/share) compared to C$12.6m (C$0.12/share) in the prior year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations