CANADA: Maple Leaf Foods reports positive results for Q4, FY
Toronto-based Maple Leaf Foods Inc has announced an increase in sales for its Q4 and FY ended 31 December 2001. Sales for the Q4 increased 22% to C$1.30bn (US$0.81bn) reflecting top-line growth in all operating groups. One third of this increase related to operations that were owned throughout the year, while the remainder is due to acquisitions completed during the year. Earnings from operations for the Q4 of C$57.6m were up 121% from C$26.1m in 2000. Net earnings for the quarter increased by 96% to C$24.7m (C$0.24/share) compared to C$12.6m (C$0.12/share) in the prior year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti