CANADA: Maple Leaf Foods reports positive results for Q4, FY
Toronto-based Maple Leaf Foods Inc has announced an increase in sales for its Q4 and FY ended 31 December 2001. Sales for the Q4 increased 22% to C$1.30bn (US$0.81bn) reflecting top-line growth in all operating groups. One third of this increase related to operations that were owned throughout the year, while the remainder is due to acquisitions completed during the year. Earnings from operations for the Q4 of C$57.6m were up 121% from C$26.1m in 2000. Net earnings for the quarter increased by 96% to C$24.7m (C$0.24/share) compared to C$12.6m (C$0.12/share) in the prior year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Aryzta CEO, CFO resign amid strategic review