CANADA: Maple Leaf Foods reports results for fourth quarter and year ending December 31, 2000
Maple Leaf Foods Inc.(TSE:MFI. ; ME:MFI) yesterday reported its financial results for the fourth quarter and year-ended December 31, 2000. Mr. Michael McCain, President and Chief Executive Officer of Maple Leaf Foods, said: "We are pleased with the significant year-over-year earnings increases achieved by our Bakery and Agribusiness Groups. Although the Meat Products Group has had a difficult financial year, we are pleased with the Group's continued operational improvements, and the significant reduction in operating losses at the Brandon fresh pork facility in the fourth quarter."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery