CANADA: Maple Leaf Foods reports results for fourth quarter and year ending December 31, 2000
Maple Leaf Foods Inc.(TSE:MFI. ; ME:MFI) yesterday reported its financial results for the fourth quarter and year-ended December 31, 2000. Mr. Michael McCain, President and Chief Executive Officer of Maple Leaf Foods, said: "We are pleased with the significant year-over-year earnings increases achieved by our Bakery and Agribusiness Groups. Although the Meat Products Group has had a difficult financial year, we are pleased with the Group's continued operational improvements, and the significant reduction in operating losses at the Brandon fresh pork facility in the fourth quarter."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid