CANADA: Maple Leaf Foods to buy four million shares in Canada Bread
Canada’s Maple Leaf Foods yesterday [Tuesday] reported it would purchase four million shares in its Canada Bread division. Maple Leaf Foods will pay C$106m in the private placement at $26.50 per share. The deal involves the purchase of treasury shares from Canada Bread, and is being undertaken to enable it to buy Maple Leaf’s bakery division, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods