CANADA: Maple Leaf Foods to buy four million shares in Canada Bread
Canada’s Maple Leaf Foods yesterday [Tuesday] reported it would purchase four million shares in its Canada Bread division. Maple Leaf Foods will pay C$106m in the private placement at $26.50 per share. The deal involves the purchase of treasury shares from Canada Bread, and is being undertaken to enable it to buy Maple Leaf’s bakery division, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Hershey steps up work on calories