BRAZIL: Marfrig reports improved profitability
Marfrig said sales and margins from each of its divisions improved
Brazilian food group Marfrig saw its profitability improve year-on-year in the second quarter.
Marfrig reported a net loss of BRL55.1m (US$24.3m) but that was down sharply from the BRL478.7m recorded a year earlier.
A drop in financial expenses and a reduced impact from foreign exchange helped the result. Marfrig called it its "best result" on that metric in its history.
EBITDA was up 47.9% at BRL379.7m. Margins from each of its Marfrig Beef, Keystone and Moy Park operations improved. "EBITDA margin in excess of 7% at all business units for the third consecutive quarter, signalling a new level of profitability in the company's operations," it said.
Net revenue grew 14.9% to BRL5.18bn. Sales from each of Marfrig's divisions were up. The company pointed to a "strong performance" from exports from Brazil and "solid sales growth" in overseas territories. Both helped offset slower consumer spending in Brazil.
Frozen Food in Argentina industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The ...
Keystone Foods LLC - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offer...
Several companies have been launching new products during the review period. The most important are: Lisley SA with La Costeña Mexican canned ready meals; Darcel SA and Luis G Bonomi SA in dried ready...
After the conclusion of the migration of industrial units to Marfrig as part of CADE’s (Council of Economic Defense) agreement on the merger process between Sadia and Perdigão, several institutional c...
Synopsis Canadean's "Keystone Foods LLC: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a co...
Business Monitor International's Argentina Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory...
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia