BRAZIL: Marfrig reports improved profitability
Marfrig said sales and margins from each of its divisions improved
Brazilian food group Marfrig saw its profitability improve year-on-year in the second quarter.
Marfrig reported a net loss of BRL55.1m (US$24.3m) but that was down sharply from the BRL478.7m recorded a year earlier.
A drop in financial expenses and a reduced impact from foreign exchange helped the result. Marfrig called it its "best result" on that metric in its history.
EBITDA was up 47.9% at BRL379.7m. Margins from each of its Marfrig Beef, Keystone and Moy Park operations improved. "EBITDA margin in excess of 7% at all business units for the third consecutive quarter, signalling a new level of profitability in the company's operations," it said.
Net revenue grew 14.9% to BRL5.18bn. Sales from each of Marfrig's divisions were up. The company pointed to a "strong performance" from exports from Brazil and "solid sales growth" in overseas territories. Both helped offset slower consumer spending in Brazil.
Frozen Food in Argentina industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The ...
Keystone Foods LLC - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offer...
In the last three years of the review period, including 2013, several companies present in ready meals launched products that contributed to maintaining and improving volume growth rates. Lisley SA wi...
Synopsis Canadean's "Keystone Foods LLC: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a co...
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report