BRAZIL: Marfrig returns to profit in Q3
- Net profit of BRL10.4m
- EBITDA climbs 19.3%
- Net sales reach BRL6.5bn
Marfrig returned to profit in the third-quarter
Brazilian meat giant Marfrig has returned to profit in the third quarter of the year.
In the three-month period, net income amounted to BRL$10.4m (US$5.1bn), reversing a net loss of BRL$540m recorded a year ago.
Marfrig put the performance down to an improvement in the product mix at Seara Foods, with an increase in the share of higher-value added products. It also pointed to the incorporation of new assets received from Brasil Foods, and a "good performance" from its beef operations.
EBITDA reached BRL$514m, an increase of 19.3% on last year, driven by a "better control of expenses" and increased prices for higher-value added products.
Sales in the period climbed to BRL6.5bn from BRL5.52bn in the year-ago period.
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- BRF to buy certain Molinos Rio de la Plata brands
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom