BRAZIL: Marfrig returns to profit in Q3
- Net profit of BRL10.4m
- EBITDA climbs 19.3%
- Net sales reach BRL6.5bn
Marfrig returned to profit in the third-quarter
Brazilian meat giant Marfrig has returned to profit in the third quarter of the year.
In the three-month period, net income amounted to BRL$10.4m (US$5.1bn), reversing a net loss of BRL$540m recorded a year ago.
Marfrig put the performance down to an improvement in the product mix at Seara Foods, with an increase in the share of higher-value added products. It also pointed to the incorporation of new assets received from Brasil Foods, and a "good performance" from its beef operations.
EBITDA reached BRL$514m, an increase of 19.3% on last year, driven by a "better control of expenses" and increased prices for higher-value added products.
Sales in the period climbed to BRL6.5bn from BRL5.52bn in the year-ago period.
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details