BRAZIL: Marfrig returns to profit in Q3
- Net profit of BRL10.4m
- EBITDA climbs 19.3%
- Net sales reach BRL6.5bn
Marfrig returned to profit in the third-quarter
Brazilian meat giant Marfrig has returned to profit in the third quarter of the year.
In the three-month period, net income amounted to BRL$10.4m (US$5.1bn), reversing a net loss of BRL$540m recorded a year ago.
Marfrig put the performance down to an improvement in the product mix at Seara Foods, with an increase in the share of higher-value added products. It also pointed to the incorporation of new assets received from Brasil Foods, and a "good performance" from its beef operations.
EBITDA reached BRL$514m, an increase of 19.3% on last year, driven by a "better control of expenses" and increased prices for higher-value added products.
Sales in the period climbed to BRL6.5bn from BRL5.52bn in the year-ago period.
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report