BRAZIL: Marfrig upbeat on mixed Q1
- Q1 net sales BRL4.79bn (US$2.16bn), compared to BRL4.37bn
- EBITDA BRL392.7m, versus BRL366.5m
- Net loss of BRL96.4m, compared to a loss of BRL59.6m
Marfrig stresses improved operating performance
Brazilian meat group Marfrig has seen sales and operating profits rise in the first quarter - but net losses also mounted in the period.
The company said sales in the three months rose 9.4% while EBITDA increased 7.2%.
Marfrig stressed a "solid performance" from all its operating units enabled it to post a quarter of "consistent improvement in operational performance".
However, higher depreciation and amortisation, as well as lower financial income, dented the bottom line. It made a net loss of BRL96.4m, compared to BRL59.6m a year earlier.
Click here to view the release from Marfrig.
Frozen Food in Argentina industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The ...
Keystone Foods LLC - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offer...
In the last three years of the review period, including 2013, several companies present in ready meals launched products that contributed to maintaining and improving volume growth rates. Lisley SA wi...
Synopsis Canadean's "Keystone Foods LLC: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a co...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits