BRAZIL: Marfrig upbeat on mixed Q1
- Q1 net sales BRL4.79bn (US$2.16bn), compared to BRL4.37bn
- EBITDA BRL392.7m, versus BRL366.5m
- Net loss of BRL96.4m, compared to a loss of BRL59.6m
Marfrig stresses improved operating performance
Brazilian meat group Marfrig has seen sales and operating profits rise in the first quarter - but net losses also mounted in the period.
The company said sales in the three months rose 9.4% while EBITDA increased 7.2%.
Marfrig stressed a "solid performance" from all its operating units enabled it to post a quarter of "consistent improvement in operational performance".
However, higher depreciation and amortisation, as well as lower financial income, dented the bottom line. It made a net loss of BRL96.4m, compared to BRL59.6m a year earlier.
Click here to view the release from Marfrig.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- German dairy DMK to pursue cost-cutting plans
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights