BRAZIL: Marfrig upbeat on mixed Q1
- Q1 net sales BRL4.79bn (US$2.16bn), compared to BRL4.37bn
- EBITDA BRL392.7m, versus BRL366.5m
- Net loss of BRL96.4m, compared to a loss of BRL59.6m
Marfrig stresses improved operating performance
Brazilian meat group Marfrig has seen sales and operating profits rise in the first quarter - but net losses also mounted in the period.
The company said sales in the three months rose 9.4% while EBITDA increased 7.2%.
Marfrig stressed a "solid performance" from all its operating units enabled it to post a quarter of "consistent improvement in operational performance".
However, higher depreciation and amortisation, as well as lower financial income, dented the bottom line. It made a net loss of BRL96.4m, compared to BRL59.6m a year earlier.
Click here to view the release from Marfrig.
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Tyson faces investor scrutiny on ethical issues
- Nomad Foods touts progress as H1 results worsen
- Arla points to branded growth as group sales slide