BRAZIL: Marfrig upbeat on mixed Q1
- Q1 net sales BRL4.79bn (US$2.16bn), compared to BRL4.37bn
- EBITDA BRL392.7m, versus BRL366.5m
- Net loss of BRL96.4m, compared to a loss of BRL59.6m
Marfrig stresses improved operating performance
Brazilian meat group Marfrig has seen sales and operating profits rise in the first quarter - but net losses also mounted in the period.
The company said sales in the three months rose 9.4% while EBITDA increased 7.2%.
Marfrig stressed a "solid performance" from all its operating units enabled it to post a quarter of "consistent improvement in operational performance".
However, higher depreciation and amortisation, as well as lower financial income, dented the bottom line. It made a net loss of BRL96.4m, compared to BRL59.6m a year earlier.
Click here to view the release from Marfrig.
Frozen Food in Argentina industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The ...
Keystone Foods LLC - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offer...
Several companies have been launching new products during the review period. The most important are: Lisley SA with La Costeña Mexican canned ready meals; Darcel SA and Luis G Bonomi SA in dried ready...
After the conclusion of the migration of industrial units to Marfrig as part of CADE’s (Council of Economic Defense) agreement on the merger process between Sadia and Perdigão, several institutional c...
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- Viewpoint: Faber-led Danone gets realistic
- Green Giant talk underlines pressure at Gen Mills
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus