UK: Margaret Beckett welcomes EC action on French beef ban
Further action by the European Commission against France for failure to lift its ban on UK beef exported under the Date-Based Export Scheme (DBES) has been welcomed by Secretary of State Margaret Beckett. The Commission wrote to the French Government on 20 March seeking an explanation within 30 days for its failure to comply with the ruling of the European Court of Justice (ECJ) on 13 December that its ban on UK DBES beef was illegal. This is the first stage in a process which may result in a further case in the ECJ against France for failure to comply with the Judgement of the Court.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega