UK: Margaret Beckett welcomes EC action on French beef ban
Further action by the European Commission against France for failure to lift its ban on UK beef exported under the Date-Based Export Scheme (DBES) has been welcomed by Secretary of State Margaret Beckett. The Commission wrote to the French Government on 20 March seeking an explanation within 30 days for its failure to comply with the ruling of the European Court of Justice (ECJ) on 13 December that its ban on UK DBES beef was illegal. This is the first stage in a process which may result in a further case in the ECJ against France for failure to comply with the Judgement of the Court.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre