UK: Margaret Beckett welcomes EC action on French beef ban
Further action by the European Commission against France for failure to lift its ban on UK beef exported under the Date-Based Export Scheme (DBES) has been welcomed by Secretary of State Margaret Beckett. The Commission wrote to the French Government on 20 March seeking an explanation within 30 days for its failure to comply with the ruling of the European Court of Justice (ECJ) on 13 December that its ban on UK DBES beef was illegal. This is the first stage in a process which may result in a further case in the ECJ against France for failure to comply with the Judgement of the Court.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China