ROMANIA/NORWAY: Margarine, condiments giant Topway Foods sold to Orkla
The Baring Central European Fund (BCEF) has completed the sale of Topway Foods Int, Romania's leading margarine, ketchup, mustard and condiments producer, to Orkla Foods AS, a subsidiary of the Norwegian diversified multinational, Orkla ASA. Topway's original founder-managers also sold their stake in the company, which produces and markets several of Romania's best selling brands, including Wiesana and Fruhstuck margarines, Tomi ketchup and Bunica mustard and sunflower oil. Topway operates a production facility in Craiova, and employs 400 people at its headquarters and its distribution centres throughout the country.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill