ROMANIA/NORWAY: Margarine, condiments giant Topway Foods sold to Orkla
The Baring Central European Fund (BCEF) has completed the sale of Topway Foods Int, Romania's leading margarine, ketchup, mustard and condiments producer, to Orkla Foods AS, a subsidiary of the Norwegian diversified multinational, Orkla ASA. Topway's original founder-managers also sold their stake in the company, which produces and markets several of Romania's best selling brands, including Wiesana and Fruhstuck margarines, Tomi ketchup and Bunica mustard and sunflower oil. Topway operates a production facility in Craiova, and employs 400 people at its headquarters and its distribution centres throughout the country.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Hochdorf expands in Africa with Pharmalys buy
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review