ROMANIA/NORWAY: Margarine, condiments giant Topway Foods sold to Orkla
The Baring Central European Fund (BCEF) has completed the sale of Topway Foods Int, Romania's leading margarine, ketchup, mustard and condiments producer, to Orkla Foods AS, a subsidiary of the Norwegian diversified multinational, Orkla ASA. Topway's original founder-managers also sold their stake in the company, which produces and markets several of Romania's best selling brands, including Wiesana and Fruhstuck margarines, Tomi ketchup and Bunica mustard and sunflower oil. Topway operates a production facility in Craiova, and employs 400 people at its headquarters and its distribution centres throughout the country.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch