INDIA: Marico blazes 39% profit growth H1 2001
Marico Industries has announced post tax profit growth of 39% for H1 2001, from US$3.85m to US$5.34m. Over the last decade, Marico has annually experienced compound growth of 28% on profits, and 22% on sales.A 9% growth in volume last year cancelled out the deflation in selling prices caused by a general recession in the vegetable oil market. Sales, meanwhile, grew marginally by 1%, to US$66.9m. With the phenomenal drop in the cost of raw materials, from US$41.6m to US$32.8m, and lower income tax, profits after tax rose 39% to US$5.34m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw