INDIA: Marico blazes 39% profit growth H1 2001
Marico Industries has announced post tax profit growth of 39% for H1 2001, from US$3.85m to US$5.34m. Over the last decade, Marico has annually experienced compound growth of 28% on profits, and 22% on sales.A 9% growth in volume last year cancelled out the deflation in selling prices caused by a general recession in the vegetable oil market. Sales, meanwhile, grew marginally by 1%, to US$66.9m. With the phenomenal drop in the cost of raw materials, from US$41.6m to US$32.8m, and lower income tax, profits after tax rose 39% to US$5.34m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods