INDIA: Marico blazes 39% profit growth H1 2001
Marico Industries has announced post tax profit growth of 39% for H1 2001, from US$3.85m to US$5.34m. Over the last decade, Marico has annually experienced compound growth of 28% on profits, and 22% on sales.A 9% growth in volume last year cancelled out the deflation in selling prices caused by a general recession in the vegetable oil market. Sales, meanwhile, grew marginally by 1%, to US$66.9m. With the phenomenal drop in the cost of raw materials, from US$41.6m to US$32.8m, and lower income tax, profits after tax rose 39% to US$5.34m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses