INDIA: Marico blazes 39% profit growth H1 2001
Marico Industries has announced post tax profit growth of 39% for H1 2001, from US$3.85m to US$5.34m. Over the last decade, Marico has annually experienced compound growth of 28% on profits, and 22% on sales.A 9% growth in volume last year cancelled out the deflation in selling prices caused by a general recession in the vegetable oil market. Sales, meanwhile, grew marginally by 1%, to US$66.9m. With the phenomenal drop in the cost of raw materials, from US$41.6m to US$32.8m, and lower income tax, profits after tax rose 39% to US$5.34m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife