USA: Marigold Foods recalls chocolate milk on vitamin D excess
Marigold Foods Inc. of Minneapolis has recalled whole chocolate milk products made at its Cedarburg plant. The products were made with an excess of vitamin D and so do not match product specifications. The recall only affects whole chocolate milk, not lowfat or skim milk, the company stressed. The products affected retail under the Kemps and Wilke brands and were distributed only in eastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois. The recall does not affect gallon or half-gallon sizes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods