UK: Marks and Spencer appoints Dixon to board
UK retailer Marks and Spencer has promoted John Dixon to its board as executive director of food.
Previously director of food, Dixon will take up the post with immediate effect, the company said today (9 September).
Dixon joined M&S in 1986 as a store management trainee. Since then he has worked across the company in a variety of senior roles. Prior to becoming director of food, John was director of home and M&S Direct.
Sir Stuart Rose, M&S executive chairman, said: "We are delighted to welcome John to the board. Since becoming director of food, John and his team have greatly improved our food business, changed perceptions of our value, and introduced a host of hugely popular innovations."
US food regulators had a busy few days this week. They were forced to deal with the latest salmonella scare to hit the industry, while firing off a series of warning letters to manufacturers - includi...
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO