UK: Marks and Spencer names AWAS's Stewart as CFO
Former WHSmith executive Alan Stewart will join M&S in October
UK retailer Marks and Spencer has named Alan Stewart, finance chief at aircraft leasing company AWAS, as its new CFO.
Stewart, 50, will join M&S at the end of October. He will replace Ian Dyson, who will join pub group Punch Taverns next month as chief executive.
M&S chief Marc Bolland said he looked forward to welcoming Stewart, a former finance chief at UK entertainment retailer WHSmith and an executive at Thomas Cook, to the upmarket grocer.
"Alan has an impressive track record and will be joining us with extensive experience of retail and other highly competitive industries including travel and banking," Bolland said.
With many of the UK's major retailers posting their Christmas updates this week, some blamed the snow for their lacklustre results. Meanwhile, the spectre of rising commodity prices continues to raise...
Irish food group Greencore today (24 January) admitted it is weighing up its options over its next move in the battle for Northern Foods after the UK manufacturer accepted a rival bid from poultry and...
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review