UK: Marks and Spencer plc interim results for the 26 weeks ended 29 September 2001
HIGHLIGHTS Group profit before tax and exceptional charges* up 20.1% to £220.3m. UK Retail sales level, with second quarter sales up 2.8%. UK Retail operating profit up 18.2% to £147.4m. UK profitability increased by improved sourcing together with containment of operating costs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife