UK: Marks & Spencer announces sale of its business in Spain
Marks & Spencer announced Friday (2 November) an agreement on the sale of its business in Spain to El Corte Inglés, S.A. This agreement includes all nine Marks & Spencer stores in Spain. Employees currently working for Marks & Spencer in Spain will all be offered continuity of employment. The Spanish competition authorities have been notified of this proposed transaction.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods