UK: Marks & Spencer to appoint new finance director
Marks & Spencer today announces that Alison Reed, Finance Director, UK Retail, has been appointed as Finance Director Designate of Marks and Spencer p.l.c. She will take up her position as an Executive Director on the Board on a date to be confirmed, when she will replace Robert Colvill, the current Finance Director.
Alison Reed, 44, is a Chartered Accountant, qualifying with Touche Ross in London in 1981 after graduating from Exeter University. She joined Marks & Spencer in 1984 and, after a wide range of roles in the Finance Group, was appointed in 1990 to be the Executive Assistant to the Chairman & Chief Executive. In 1992, she became the Commercial Executive for Home Furnishings and Gifts, and, in 1995, was appointed Divisional Director for Logistics. She returned to the Finance Group as Financial Controller in 1996 and was appointed UK Retail Finance Director in 1999. She is also a non-executive director of HSBC Bank plc, a position she has held since 1996.
Companies: Marks and Spencer
Milk sales are up - and although some people have put it down to increased consumption of porridge, tea and coffee, the milk industry is keen to capitalise on its newfound popularity. One way it is do...
We produce far too much non-biodegradable packaging waste, say the environmentalists. We're short of landfill sites and it's damaging the environment. Yet, one potential solution, biodegradable or com...
These days, to be successful, supermarkets must provide value and quality, low prices and convenience, as well as reliability, consistency and responsibility. Aiming for such high standards means a ch...
UK food and clothing retailer Marks and Spencer can claim back GBP30m (US$53m) in tax from the British government following a European Court of Justice ruling today (Tuesday)....
Food and clothing retailer Marks & Spencer has issued dozens of celebrities with an exclusive black store card that gives them a 20% discount on all purchases, including food, according to the Indepen...
UK food and clothing retailer Marks and Spencer has said it expects group profit before tax and exceptionals for the 26 weeks to 1 October to be at or around the upper end of market expectations....
UK food and clothing retailer Marks and Spencer has hired a New York business guru to motivate its entire staff of 56,000 in a bid to boost the company's sales....
Food and clothing retailer Marks and Spencer has announced Marks and Spencer Group plc has today (Monday) announced the resignation of Charles Wilson, executive director for IT, logistics and property...
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review