UK: Marks & Spencer to build warehouse near Derby
Marks and Spencer has revealed plans to lease a 900,000 sq ft distribution centre near Derby.
A spokesperson for the retailer told just-food that the "carbon neutral" site will service its e-commerce operations and general merchandise.
The East Midlands Distribution centre will be located on the site of the former Castle Donnington power station.
The centre is being leased from Clowes Development but remains subject to planning permission.
Canadian seafood processor High Liner Foods has reaffirmed its interest in assets owned by Icelandic Group after it emerged that the Iceland-supplier's talks to sell its production operations to a riv...
Steven Esom, a former executive director of food at Marks and Spencer and MD of Waitrose, has been named chairman of BRC Trading, the commercial arm of the British Retail Consortium (BRC)....
UK grocery retailer Marks and Spencer has poached the CEO of Tesco.com and Tesco Direct to lead its multi-channel e-commerce operations. ...
Marks and Spencer plans to open a new store on the Champs-Elysees in Paris, according to reports....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance