EGYPT: Marks & Spencer to enter Egypt
Marks & Spencer plans to open its first store in Egypt later this year
Marks & Spencer plans to open its first store in Egypt later this year with franchise partner Al Futtaim.
The retailer will open its first store in the Dandy Mega Mall in Cairo, with a second store to open at Cairo Festival City in 2012.
The Dandy Mega Mall outlet will offer fashion, beauty and home products across a 2,600sq m shop floor, while the Cairo Festival City outlet will trade from 4,400sq m over two floors.
Jon Knight, Marks & Spencer international area manager, said: "We're delighted to be entering into the Egyptian market later this year. Our franchise partner Al Futtaim group already has a number of stores in the region and we are really pleased to have secured such great shopping locations for these new stores."
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report