UK/FRANCE: Marks & Spencer's sale of French business
Marks & Spencer yesterday announced a proposal to sell its French company to Groupe Galeries Lafayette. This proposal is subject to consultation with the staff of Marks & Spencer France. All staff will be offered opportunities for jobs in Galeries Lafayette. The intention remains to cease trading in Marks & Spencer by the end of the year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units