UK: Mars adds "lighter" Galaxy Flutes to line-up
Mars Inc is to launch Galaxy Flutes in the UK, a product it hopes will meet demand for lighter on-the-go snacks.
The product, two wafer fingers filled with and covered by chocolate, looks set to target a similar demographic to Ferrero's Kinder Bueno line. It goes on sale in stores at the end of the month for an RRP of GBP0.45 (US$0.71).
Mars said Galaxy Flutes has been launched as a limited-edition product, a move that could be seen as a pragmatic approach in the tough consumer climate.
Asked why the line was being launched as a limited edition, a Mars spokesperson said: "Limited editions are often introduced to create excitement around a brand, and consumer feedback has shown that limited editions are received well. Of course, if a particular limited edition performs exceptionally well, then we will consider making the product a permanent entry."
Mars plans to spend GBP15m on advertising its Galaxy chocolate portfolio in the UK this year.
Ferrero has decided to produce its Kinder Surprise brand in Russia to meet increasing local demand for the product....
Confectionery giant Ferrero is considering producing Tic Tac mints in South Africa as it ups investment in the country....
- How Windsor buy is part of Ajinomoto's global push
- Focus: Fonterra's bid to weather dairy volatility
- Industry awaits WHO reply on beefed-up ad pledges
- On the money: Diamond's faith in on-trend range
- Focus: Does size matter for Thai Union Frozen?
- Kellogg, Burton's, Ulker "on UB bid shortlist"
- Kerry, Premier team up on frozen NPD in UK
- Nestle sells baby food brands Alete, Milasan
- Nestle forms new unit to "leverage scale"
- PepsiCo eyes Middle East growth with R&D centre