UK: Mars adds "lighter" Galaxy Flutes to line-up
Mars Inc is to launch Galaxy Flutes in the UK, a product it hopes will meet demand for lighter on-the-go snacks.
The product, two wafer fingers filled with and covered by chocolate, looks set to target a similar demographic to Ferrero's Kinder Bueno line. It goes on sale in stores at the end of the month for an RRP of GBP0.45 (US$0.71).
Mars said Galaxy Flutes has been launched as a limited-edition product, a move that could be seen as a pragmatic approach in the tough consumer climate.
Asked why the line was being launched as a limited edition, a Mars spokesperson said: "Limited editions are often introduced to create excitement around a brand, and consumer feedback has shown that limited editions are received well. Of course, if a particular limited edition performs exceptionally well, then we will consider making the product a permanent entry."
Mars plans to spend GBP15m on advertising its Galaxy chocolate portfolio in the UK this year.
Ferrero has decided to produce its Kinder Surprise brand in Russia to meet increasing local demand for the product....
Confectionery giant Ferrero is considering producing Tic Tac mints in South Africa as it ups investment in the country....
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- JBS sees big opportunity from Primo Smallgoods
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Interview: How BRF plans growth in stagnant Europe
- Danone, General Mills, Chobani "mislead parents"
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- United Biscuits UK plant to start strike action
- Wrigley opposes Perfetti Van Melle "WTF" TM