UK: Mars adds "lighter" Galaxy Flutes to line-up
Mars Inc is to launch Galaxy Flutes in the UK, a product it hopes will meet demand for lighter on-the-go snacks.
The product, two wafer fingers filled with and covered by chocolate, looks set to target a similar demographic to Ferrero's Kinder Bueno line. It goes on sale in stores at the end of the month for an RRP of GBP0.45 (US$0.71).
Mars said Galaxy Flutes has been launched as a limited-edition product, a move that could be seen as a pragmatic approach in the tough consumer climate.
Asked why the line was being launched as a limited edition, a Mars spokesperson said: "Limited editions are often introduced to create excitement around a brand, and consumer feedback has shown that limited editions are received well. Of course, if a particular limited edition performs exceptionally well, then we will consider making the product a permanent entry."
Mars plans to spend GBP15m on advertising its Galaxy chocolate portfolio in the UK this year.
Ferrero has decided to produce its Kinder Surprise brand in Russia to meet increasing local demand for the product....
Confectionery giant Ferrero is considering producing Tic Tac mints in South Africa as it ups investment in the country....
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- Cheese maker Entremont moves into frozen food
- B&G to acquire Green Giant from General Mills