USA: Mars - caramel candy to win over Latinos - COMMENT (Members)
Mars is targeting the Latino market in the US with Dulce de Leche flavor M&Ms. Despite the growing importance of the Latino population, Mars may find it tricky when it comes to manufacturing and marketing the new product. Authenticity is the key to satisfying ethnic consumer groups. Yet, to drive mainstream penetration, Mars will have to reduce the product's authenticity to appeal to the general audience's more limited palate.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action