USA: Mars granted US patent for rice bran stabiliser
US food group Mars Inc . has been awarded a US patent for its new method of stabilising rice bran by acid treatment and the composition of the same. The invention is intended to maintain the stability of bran for at least six months in ambient conditions. It is hoped that the invention will facilitate more extensive use of rice bran, which is rich in proteins, lipids and certain vitamins.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods